Cockroach control treatments
- Gold Coast Pest Services
Specialist cockroach control from the experts
Gold Coast Pest Services offer a range of cockroach control treatments for home owners and businesses.
Whether it is large cockroaches coming in from outside or small cockroaches who may have set up home in your kitchen, cockroaches are a health hazard and cause a lot of anxiety.
Household sprays only really kill the cockroaches you see, they don't kill the numerous young cockroaches back in the "nest". To get on top of a cockroach problem you need to use a combination of professional products applied in the appropriate areas to eliminate the infestation.
Here at Gold Coast Pest Services, we have the skills and products to get rid of the most persistent cockroach problems and keep your home or business cockroach-free.
Just give us a call to speak to one of our friendly staff
What cockroach control services do we provide?
GENERAL PEST CONTROL
General cockroach control is included in our general Gold Coast pest control treatment, which comes with a 12 month warranty. For most homeowners this provides the protection they require. However, if you have a major infestation you will need a supplement to our general pest treatment or a standalone cockroach treatment.
SPECIALIST COCKROACH CONTROL TREATMENT
If you are unlucky enough to have a ongoing cockroach problem, it will mean there is an established cockroach population in or around your home. To eliminate such an infestation requires a detailed inspection and the use of a range of products: baits, sprays and powders. For domestic customers our cockroach treatments come with a 12 month warranty.
COCKROACH CONTROL TREATMENT FOR COMMERCIAL PREMISES
For commercial premises, most commonly restaurants and food establishments, cockroach control would be part of any ongoing service plan.
If you would like us to deal with a cockroach outbreak and put in place an ongoing plan to be compliant with health requirements, please give one of our friendly staff a call.
How we deal with cockroach problems...
Aerosol sprays are okay for the occasional cockroach, but if you have a cockroach problem you really need to call a professional to get control, especially for German or Brown-banded cockroach problems. These small cockroaches can build a "nest" in the smallest of locations; not only cracks under cupboards, but in electrical goods, even hinges or control panels on dishwashers! That's is why we take time to carry out a thorough inspection before carrying out a cockroach treatment.
If you have a cockroach infestation, 90% of the population remains hidden – gravid females and nymphs tend to remain near their hiding places. As such, to achieve control, you need to use a cockroach bait to control the population, sometimes in combination with powders and sprays.
The sprays a professional can use are very different to the sprays you can buy in a supermarket. Supermarket sprays tend to be repellent and have the effect of excluding cockroaches from a particular area rather than controlling the problem. The new sprays available to professionals are non-repellent, which means the cockroaches walk over the treatment without noticing the insecticide. As a result they pick up in the insecticide on their cuticle and transfer it other cockroaches back in the hiding places, magnifying its effect.
Our cockroach treatments typically include the use of non-repellent sprays, cockroach baits and insecticide powders to provide a comprehensive treatment to tackle the problem from all angles and get on top of the problems as quickly as possible.
Typically, in all but the heaviest infestations, the problem will be under control in under a week. We offer a 12 month warranty on cockroach treatments carried out on domestic properties. For commercial properties we will tailor a regular service program, with warranties lasting between services. The success of any treatment still depends on the homeowner implementing the recommended tips to make the conditions less attractive for cockroaches to take up residence.
How to keep cockroaches out of your home?
1) The key preventative action is to reduce the available food sources by maintaining good hygiene:
- Clear up any spilled food
- Clean down and under the oven / fridge regularly
- Do not leave unwashed dishes out overnight
- Do not leave pet food bowls out with food in
- Food should be stored in tight “cockroach-proof” containers
- Put rubbish into sealed bins and stack away from the house.
2) Fix any leaking taps / pipework
3) As cockroaches like to hide in cracks and can enter the house / unit through cracks, fill any cracks in the floors, walls and fill gaps around pipework.
4) As the peridomestic cockroaches often like to live in and around wood piles, mulch, garden debris, keep such materials away from buildings.
5) Check incoming packaging material, such as cardboard boxes. This is a common way for the German cockroach to enter your property and set up home.
6) If you are in an apartment block, it is important to have an overall pest plan for the building as cockroaches readily spread from one apartment to the next through the shared pipework.
7) Have an aerosol spray available that can be used to quickly kill the occasional cockroaches that enter your home. (Crawling insect aerosols that contains the insecticide imiprothrin give the quickest results.)